Having difficult conversations – Getting it right
Some conversations are difficult to have and many people are unsure how to approach them. It may be with a client, a colleague or a staff member. This program will help you identify the tools necessary to ensure those conversations go smoothly, effectively and end on a high note irrespective of content.
After this program you will be able to:
- Plan a difficult conversation.
- Remain calm in difficult situations.
- Appreciate the other party’s perspective.
- Know how to handle other people’s emotions
- Work through a difficult conversation step by step
- Feel more confident about having difficult conversations.
Plan a difficult conversation
- Identify potential and desired outcomes
- Adopt an empowering mind-set
- Consider options such as timing, environment and approach
Toolkit for success
- Ask the right questions to ensure you understand their perspective
- Explore body language do’s and don’ts
- Ensure your communication has the right impact
Having the conversation
- Open the conversation effectively
- Follow a simple 5 step process to guide you through the conversation
- Ensure you finish on a high note
- Learn how to stay calm and deal with others’ emotion
- Identify the common traps that inflame difficult situations
- Use proven strategies to calm others
- Identify what to do if it all goes wrong
All attendees will receive a personalised certificate of achievement
For further information on our ‘Having difficult conversations – getting it right training course Perth’ call Jill on 1300 850 959 or fill in the enquiry form below. Please note all programs can be tailored exactly to your needs.
We make having difficult conversations EASY!
Having the skills to handle difficult conversations is one of the most essential and integral parts of being a successful manager or leader. Some conversations are difficult to have, and many people are unsure of how to approach them. It may be with a client, a colleague or a staff member, but whenever a difficult situation arises, being able to handle it and respond positively is a crucial skill for managers to exercise.
Our Difficult Conversation Training program will help you discover an easy to follow and useful approach to enable you to handle a difficult conversation with ease. The training will help you structure your conversations, avoid elements that may inflame a difficult situation and work towards a positive outcome.
Once you have attended the training, you will be able to handle and respond to a tricky situations calmly, logically and constructively. Just knowlng how to start the conversation and what to do if it goes off track, will leave you feeling so much more confident. Many attendees have commented on the fact that the course gave them so many more options and ideas and that the structure was easy to follow and apply.