Having difficult conversations – Getting it right
Some conversations are difficult to have and many people are unsure how to approach them. It may be with a client, a colleague or a staff member. This program will help you identify the tools necessary to ensure those conversations go smoothly, effectively and end on a high note irrespective of content.
After this program you will be able to:
- Plan a difficult conversation.
- Remain calm in difficult situations.
- Appreciate the other party’s perspective.
- Know how to handle other people’s emotions
- Work through a difficult conversation step by step
- Feel more confident about having difficult conversations.
Plan a difficult conversation
- Identify potential and desired outcomes
- Adopt an empowering mind-set
- Consider options such as timing, environment and approach
Toolkit for success
- Ask the right questions to ensure you understand their perspective
- Explore body language do’s and don’ts
- Ensure your communication has the right impact
Having the conversation
- Open the conversation effectively
- Follow a simple 5 step process to guide you through the conversation
- Ensure you finish on a high note
- Learn how to stay calm and deal with others’ emotion
- Identify the common traps that inflame difficult situations
- Use proven strategies to calm others
- Identify what to do if it all goes wrong
All attendees will receive a personalised certificate of achievement
For further information on our ‘Having difficult conversations – getting it right training course Perth’ call Jill on 1300 850 959 or fill in the enquiry form below. Please note all programs can be tailored exactly to your needs.